Industry type: industrial automation
The customer needs to simplify the current structure composed of:
- a bedframe on which a slewing bearing is mounted for starwheel movements.
- a central shaft with a double bearing to drive for movement of the secondary tracking starwheel.
Three-ring slewing bearing mounted to the metal structure.
The external toothed ring drives the primary starwheel.
The internal toothed ring drives the secondary starwheel.
- Elimination of double spigot (slewing bearing + shaft) and hence simplification of bedframe machining operations.
- Reduction and simplification of mechanical parts with consequent reduction of production costs.
- Reduced assembly times.
- Simplified purchasing and production management.
- Simplified logistics: fewer parts and smaller dimensions.